2/6/11

Carrie

So I finally made myself start writing on the blog. My first review will be the book Carrie by Stephen King.

Carrie

Carrie White is a small girl that is not very popular at school. Her mother is a crazy and very abusive christian and (mostly) due to this all her classmates take every possible oportunity to make her feel worse. I will give one specific example from the book; when Carrie has her first period. She has no idea of what is going on, and thinks she is about to die. Her classmates which should help her or tell her what is going on, instead uses this as a oportunity to harass her more. King has written the book in such way, you do know that when Carrie slowly starts to feel better in the end, you can at the same time feel something is about to happen. You have this feeling pretty much through the entire book. Sadly for Carries classmates, her mom and pretty much everyone else in her town is unaware of Carries potential when enough finally is enough.

I will not spoil more, but if you are interested a plot summary can be found here.

Carrie has been made into a movie. I have not seen it, but I've heard it is one of the best films based upon Stephen King's books (after seeing The Mist I don't find this hard to believe). Link to the film on Wikipedia is here.



Stephen King started his career with this book, which I recommend all Fantasy fans to read. It is also a very nice introduction to Stephen King's books in general. Carrie is a easy read, and before engaging some of his greater works, reading Carrie is a good idea.


I will rate Carrie 4.5 out of 6 stars.



Other Information about Carrie:
Author: Stephen King
Country: United States
Language: English

Genre(s): Horror, epistolary novel
Publisher: Doubleday
Publication date: April 5, 1974
Pages: 253



Do you wish to read Carrie? It can be bought on Amazon as hardcover or for Kindle Ebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment